There are certain homemade Christmas gifts I love getting. They are usually the ones I would never buy or make for myself, like the themed basket of goodies usually consisting of gourmet hot chocolate and marshmallows, or a candles and bubble bath. So, I thought I’d try my own hand at some DIY gifts this year.
I have teamed up with a dear friend of mine who has some pretty awesome ideas for easy DIY Christmas gifts. Her name is Shanna, and she is a fun-loving ball of energy, who is passionate about all things health. She is an independent distributor for Young Living Essential Oils, and has totally inspired me to rethink my trip to Bath and Body Works, and make my own spa-like creations at home. You can read more about the company and the importance of essential oil quality here. She also wants to give away one of her oils featured in her DIY recipes! So first, let’s talk about the gifts, and then you can scroll down to enter the giveaway.
These recipes feature Tangerine Essential Oil, which helps boost the immune system and create a sense of calm. You can find out more about the benefits of Tangerine Essential Oil here. I love the thought of using 1 oil 3 ways.
Have you ever used a sugar scrub? They are pretty amazing when it comes to getting silky soft skin. It would be an especially nice treat for tired feet!
- Mix equal parts sugar and olive oil (coconut oil also works for this, but be aware, it may clog your drains).
- Mix in a few drops of orange essential oil.
- Spoon into a half pint jar and finish with a bow made of twine.
During the winter, a hot bath has become an essential part of my life on a regular basis. The epsom salts in this recipe are great for relieving tired or aching muscles, and adding the tangerine oil kicks the soothing factor up a notch.
- Add 10-15 drops orange essential oil to 1 cup epsom salts.
- optional – add in some baking soda for super soft skin.
(Original Recipe found at Wellness Mama)
I am a lotion fiend during the cold months. I love the thought of being able to make it myself and treat someone to something with ingredients that are beneficial that I can pronounce!
- Add 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup coconut oil and 1/4 cup beeswax together in a mason jar.
- Heat a few inches of water in a separate pan at medium heat on the stove.
- This will be a warm bath for your jar to melt the contents.
- Place your jar in the pan. Stir contents in the jar occasionally until melted.
- Once it is melted, you can remove it from the water bath in the pan, and let cool.
- Once it has cooled a little, enough to stick your finger in it, stir in a few drops of your tangerine essential oil.
- Add your lid and finish with a pretty ribbon.
I am loving these DIY gifts because they are all about pampering. Who wouldn’t want to take a hot bath and smell like fresh oranges? You could make big batches of all three and have tiny spa bundles to give out. These recipes could also be made with other essential oils you may have. I’m thinking Lavender or Peppermint would be nice alternatives. If you are interested in ordering some oils for yourself, you can click HERE.
So here we go. If you would like to enter the giveaway to receive a free bottle of Young Living Tangerine Essential Oil, click on the links below to visit the Greene Gift Facebook group and the Rubbish Redeemed Facebook page. You will receive 1 point for visiting each. Please “like/join” if you haven’t already done so. The Giveaway will close at midnight on Saturday, Nov. 28th. The winner will be chosen at random and will be contacted by email to work out shipping details. Good Luck!
Giveaway is closed.
CONGRATULATIONS to Cherish on winning our essential oil giveaway!