It’s officially August and the “Back to School” countdown has begun. Ok, maybe not quite yet for everyone, but college students for sure. There’s something exciting about a dorm room. It’s the first taste of what it’s like to live on your own. On the flip side, it’s pretty small and you have to share it. So, to keep everyone happy, it’s important to keep your stuff in order. So here are just a few dorm room space savers to try:
1. Over the Door Shoe Organizer with Clear Pockets
- I’m a huge fan of these organizers. They are cheap and can be used for a number of different things. We use one on the back of our bathroom door for any and all toiletries, hair tools, lotions….and anything else you might need in a bathroom. It keeps our counters clear which makes me happy. For the dorm room, it can be used for cleaning supplies, pens, jewelry, hair ties, bobby pins, snacks…and of course, shoes.
2. Multifunctional Furniture Pieces
There is only so much room, so make your furniture do double duty.
- For example, use a chair as a nightstand. This will allow you to have an extra seat when you need it.
- Also, if you have room for a coffee table, use one that could offer you storage as well.
3. Laundry Bag Instead of a Hamper
- This is kind of a no brainer. Laundry bags can fold, squish, and hang. While hampers just take up space. Enough said.
4. Put Your Bed On Risers
- Under-the-bed storage bins are fantastic. Just add a bed skirt and you are good to go.
5. Add a Tension Rod in the Closet
- If it fits, add a small one in the window as well. If you add shower hooks you can hang scarves, purses, small baskets, etc.
These are all ideas you could also use if you are tight on space, or just want more ideas on how to get organized.
Good Luck to all you college newbies! It is a wonderful season of spreading your wings. Be wise and learn all you can!
Have a great week!